The Public Safety Complex was built in 1898 as a school and was renovated into public safety use in the late 1980’s. For the last several years there had been spots of mold within the department. However, in October of 2013, Chief Scott noticed mold spread throughout the walls of his office, high on the drywall. Testing by experts determined that the mold was coming from the HVAC system and was being blown throughout the building. Eventually, the department was moved into temporary trailers in the front parking lot while the building underwent mold remediation. The police department functioned out of these trailers from March through the end of September 2014. The town spent about $200,000 on the project. Below are some pictures of the current state of our station with some “before”, “during” and “after” remediation pictures as well.